Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Oink Oink

Government pork has also been one of my bugaboos. Something's gotta be done about it. Why Oh why can't anybody stop it? Well, a few are trying. There's the website for Citizens Against Government Waste. Check it out for some juicy pig.



[Thanks to kdisanto.com for the drawing.]

Also, over at The Truth Laid Bear, you'll find some new action as well. They have brought to my attention the effort of 9 senators to reduce the federal deficit by cutting pork. Now you're talkin'.

This takes guts. Maybe not the Patrick Henry "Give me Liberty or give me Death" kind of guts, but at least a politician's grandstanding kind of guts. Of course there isn't a chance in hell that it'll pass, but it's worth a try, and it's certainly worth putting on the record.

I support the Fiscal Watch Team Offset Package. In fact at this point, I support any action to reduce pork, especially those that also reduce the federal deficit. This is becoming a vital issue. It's time to pay the pipers, fellow Americans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home