Friday, February 03, 2006

Senator, Are You Listening?

Sometimes I write to my legislators on a federal and state level, even though I know that they are all on the wrong side of the fence economically speaking -- even the Republicans (to wit the President's speech Tuesday night.) For example, I wrote to Diane Feinstein requesting that she not vote to penalize the oil companies for windfall profits. I get a letter back stating this:

"Thank you for writing to me to express your concerns about price gouging at the gasoline pump. I always appreciate hearing from constituents on issues that are important to them and welcome the opportunity to respond.

"I understand and share the concerns that you mention in your letter. I have no doubt that gasoline price gouging occurred in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

"...I believe the time has come for Congress to take action. You will be pleased to know that I am working with Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA) on legislation that would give the President the authority to declare a national energy emergency so that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) could investigate and punish price gougers. "

The French have a saying for this. It's "Parles a mon cul, ma tete est malade." Talk to my butt, my head is sick. Or, Go away, you're bothering me.


[Thanks for freakyhumor.com for the picture.]

I'd like to put a face on the idiot who pushes that form letter button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home