Thursday, February 01, 2007

What Global Warming?

I don't know about you, but when I look at the graph below, I don't see a heck of a lot of global warming going on, for two reasons:

(Click on the graph for a larger version.)


[Thanks to junkscience.com for the image.]

This graph only starts at 1850, and if I remember correctly, the earth has been around a little longer. Who's going to say that the earth wasn't a lot hotter before 1850? Most agree that we've had three periods of very low temperatures, the low spots of which were in 1650, 1770, and 1850. That period was called the Little Ice Age.

Secondly, we've only begun to measure these temperatures and CO2 levels. Who's going to guarantee me that our measurements are correct?

Keep this in mind as you hear all the chatter coming out of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.) To see why this economics blog talks about global warming, see this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home