Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Musings on George Gilder's Call for a New Economics

My weekly reading always includes John Mauldin's "Outside the Box."  (You can also subscribe for free here, at the top/right of the page.)  This week in his latest post, he gives us some recent thoughts from George Gilder on economics.

Gilder's thoughts do make me think.  They also inspired me to come to the immediate defense of a few classic principles that he seems to enjoy attacking (e.g., the "invisible hand").

But rather than add to the debate, I decided to let Gilder speak for himself.  I reason that he calls old concepts to the carpet mainly for the shock value, rather than for any inherent defect in the principle itself.  He wants us to see things in a new light.  And I do see what he is aiming at.  I don't want to ruin his party.

Having said that, there are a few interesting comments after the article that you might find thought-provoking also.  Apparently, I wasn't alone in my gut defensive reaction, but others don't seem to see the method in Gilder's madness.

Here's the link again.

George Gilder: New Economics

Labels: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home