Sunday, March 24, 2024

Updated Proprietary M&Ms Inflation Gauge

I’ve made some revisions to my M&Ms inflation gauge, this time basing it on calculations of the “per ounce” price rather than per packet price, while still expressing the chart values on the historical price of a 1.69 ounce packet. 

Somewhere I read that the M&Ms company claims they always sell the small packets at 250 calories per packet. I have some issues with that, because I have noticed over the years that the size of the packets on sale seem to vary from year to year. However, assuming it is true, that would be the 1.69 ounce packet, according to the linked website. So I have chosen that size to be the anchor for this new graph.

You will note that I’ve left lots of room for future price inflation – and for my own stick-to-it-ive-ness given my advance age....

Enjoy! Hopefully along with a packet of Peanut M&Ms, which are my favorite! (Although the chart is based on the old classic.)




Labels: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home